Built in 1907, the Dawson Springs Museum and Art Center was formerly the Commercial Bank of Dawson Springs. The renovations of this historical building included: roof replacement, rebuilding of the parapet, basement and first floor structural repairs, accessibility updates, window restoration, and alley door replacement.
In order to keep the historical value of the building, the existing windows were rebuilt and repaired to be weather tight. The brick was repointed and the exterior surface materials were cleaned for a fresh new face. Overgrown foliage and ivy that was growing on the side of the building was also removed.